25 February 2017

Rietvlei Nature Reserve

 
{Southern Black Korhaan}
 
 
{Cape/ Orange-throated longclaw}
 





 
{zebra crossing...}
 
 
{Western Cattle Egret on zebra's behind...}
 
 
{helmeted guineafowl}
 
 
{Red hartebees}
 
 
{barbel}
 
 
{springbok}
 

 
{lilac breasted rollers lined up...}
 
 
{blesbok}
 


 
{starling bush... I think the top birds are Burchell's starlings... and the bottom ones are Pied starlings}
 
{we visited Rietvlei Nature Reserve close to Pretoria at the beginning of February... we saw an abundance of birdlife and antelope and, of course, zebra... we also saw wildebeest, waterbuck, eland and a black-backed jackal... can you spot him in the last 2 photos?}
 
linking up with Saturday's Critters



8 comments:

  1. I am almost as happy looking at this reserve through your lens as if I were there with my own eyes and lens. just wonderful and a place I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Enjoyed this post. Have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. Madelline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jandi, love all the birds and awesome critters. I would love to visit this place to view the wildlife. Great photos. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jandi, I was sure I left a comment. Either way I thoroughly enjoyed all these beautiful animals. I would love to visit this place myself, I love the animals. Great collection of bird too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A place where I can see so many different animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the advantage of having people at home is that you make tourism a lot more :) lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such amazing shots and what a privilege to be in a place to see all of these majestic animals!

    ReplyDelete