Search This Blog

1 September 2015

Our Adventure: London {1}

{We took the train into London on our third day in the UK. London is huge, chaotic, fascinating and not terribly child-friendly if you do not know it well. We were planning on spending another day there but we just did not have enough time. I really wanted to take the girls to the Natural History Museum and a park or two. We bought a 48-hour hop-on-hop-off bus ticket and it was a great way to see London. I would have loved if they had loos on the bus as our hop-offs were mainly dictated by Jamie's need to use the loo... and her need was really big that day! It was also holiday season in London so it was very busy everywhere. I do think it was great for the girls (and us) to see all the famous landmarks, sights + sounds and to get an idea of just how vast London is.}
 
{Big Ben}
 
 
{we met in icon, Nelson Mandela, almost as soon as we stepped off the train at Waterloo.}
 
 
{Southbank scenes; the sky was so blue + we did not get a drop of rain whilst in London.}
 
 
{so many details; London Eye}
 

 
{more Southbank snaps}
 

 
{all the details on the buildings were absolutely incredible}
 





 

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos!

    I have once been in London. It was very nice to see all places which are familiar to me from english language books from my school times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saw a ton! I love the blue sky over London! I never saw that on my trip (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great architecture... I hope to visit one day soon. You really captured some great sights. Holidays to historic places are great for little ones! I remember visiting a few in elementary school and it left a great impact on me even still today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. big cities are not too kid friendly, specially when you're visiting it, i imagine that for the ones living in london they can easily find kids friendly places. beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you've really captured some great images of your trip. London IS huge - but many of the famous sites are quite close to one another. It's a good city to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos. Bring back memories of our visit to London 10 years ago. Indeed, the 2 days we were there were not nearly enough! We must go back! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE seeing your photos of my home!!! I've lived in the States for a long time but my heart is still in that big city. Enjoyed trying to locate each of your photos. I think I got a lot of them. Your daughters will have great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous shots of London and you even saw some blue sky

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all great shots but I especially love your perspective in the first.
    Please come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/strange-visitors-in-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely trip shots! Wish I could be there to experience it up close and personally. I have to smile at the loo needs during travel. Kids always need them when they aren't handy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely trip shots! Having been to London myself, several years ago, this was a nice re-visit for me. You captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pictures of London. We took my son there last month and it was hard work at times and we did a lot of walking. I love the Southbank, so colourful and the street food there was gorgeous. I am back in London at the start of October and can't wait - child free this time :)

    ReplyDelete