07 October 2013

Favourite Books

Gemma and Jamie both love 'reading'. Gemma tells me she can read by herself and she does try but eventually she tells me 'I don't know this story' or she listens attentively when I read to Jamie. Nursery rhymes are a favourite in our house and I love listening to the girls reciting the rhymes to each other.
 

Let's Play House was the first book Gemma and Jamie used to fight over! It still remains a favourite and it is fun to read too! Marguerite's Fountain was chosen by Jamie on a trip to the book shop. It is supposed to be for much older children but she (and Gemma) has been enthralled by the story. It is long and unfortunately, Jamie often insists on having it read twice in a row. I have been clever and often bring the book out when the grandparents are visiting!


Some of our current favourites include Silly Barney! - a simple book, ideal for younger tots, Not Last Night But the Night Before- lovely rhyming book, easy to read, Thumpity Thump Gets Dressed- simple story for toddlers, Crunch Munch Dinosaur Lunch- quite long but not tedious, Hide and Seek Birthday Treat- lovely, sweet book with beautiful illustrations, Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!- fun way to teach the alphabet, Red Fox and the Baby Bunnies- a really simple book but I suspect most toddlers will love the story, Wait! I Want to Tell You a Story- clever story with fun pictures and David Gets In Trouble- a really simple book teaching about taking responsibility for one's actions and the importance of apologising.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment